Want to join our group?
Click here to print out the membership application. You will need Adobe Reader to open this file.
Membership in Lorain County Chapter includes an E-mail subscription to the Lorain County Researcher, our quarterly newsletter, containing member's queries, articles of Lorain County genealogy, news of affiliate organizations and publications for sale.
Check our Events link above to see what's planned for the year.
Living History for All Ages
I am sending this reminder about an event LCC-OGS is sponsoring on Saturday May 16th.
The event is called "Living History for All Ages" and will focus on how genealogy relates to
history and on providing information about different societies that support both history and genealogy.
(Click here to see the flyer.)
Whether your ancestors are from the north, south, east or west, farmers, shoemakers, businessmen,
doctors , pastors, soldiers, sailors, or slaves, this presentation is open to all groups, any age, male or female and
offers the perfect opportunity to find out about each one of these Societies and how you can honor your ancestors and
experience history as we journey through time. There will be displays to view and membership applications available.
Date: Saturday, May 16, 2015
Time: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Place: North Ridgeville Library, 35700 Bainbridge Road, North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039
Hosted by the Lorain County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society and presenting the speakers listed below:
• President of Lorain County Chapter Genealogical Society-OGS Peter Hritsko narrator
• President of Ohio Genealogical Society and Past President of LCC-OGS Margaret Cheney
• Sons of the American Revolution Firelands Bicentennial Chapter Shaun Cotterill Chapter Chaplin
• Daughters of the American Revolution, War of 1812, Ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic,
Daughters of the Union Veterans of the Civil War and Colonial Dames XVII Jane Baran and Nancy Beam
• General Society War of 1812 Eric Johnson Archivist General
• Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States Past National Commander-in Chief Gordon Bury
• Dames of the Loyal Legion of the United States National President Lynne Bury
• Sons of Union Veteran's of the Civil War Department of Ohio Commander Tim Graham
• Sons of Union Veteran's of the Civil War Department surgeon Dr. Frederick Marquinez
• The National Woman's Relief Corps - Auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic National President Cindy Zerkowski
This event presents a rare opportunity to gather information about all of these societies in one place at one time.
Mark your calendars now and plan to join us to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.
Pete Hritsko, LCC-OGS President
For any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings are held the second Monday of each month in the meeting room at the North Ridgeville Branch of the Lorain Public Library, 35700 Bainbridge Road, North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039, 440-327-8326. Social Time: 6:30 pm; the general meeting and program begins at 7:00 pm. Exceptions such as field trips, picnics and other activities will be announced in advance here and in the Lorain County Researcher. Check back for a link to the upcoming programs so that you might plan your calendar for attendance of our meetings!!
If you need to contact the Chapter, you may either send regular mail to:
Lorain County Chapter of OGS
Or you may send an email to: email@example.com. Either way, we will respond as quickly as possible.
P.O. Box 865
Elyria, OH 44036-0865